Tofino Vacation Rental’s COVID-19 Response Plan
At Tofino Vacation Rentals the health and safety of our guests, staff, homeowners and community is our number one priority. In response to COVID-19, we have put new systems and safety precaution in place adhering to BC’s Ministry of Heath and Work Safe BC’s recommendations.
We are committed to providing clean and safe homes for our guests. In addition to our regular cleaning standards, we have enhanced protocols for cleaning and sanitization that meet Work Safe BC’s hospitality cleaning guidance so you can feel safe and at ease during your vacation.
• Our staff will be provided and are expected to wear gloves and masks when cleaning or entering vacation rental homes. Staff are advised to practice diligent hand hygiene at all time.
• Maintenance requests from guests during their stay will be evaluated based on urgency. Any non-emergency maintenance items will be addressed after check out.
• Linens will be washed after each stay in high temperatures with detergent and bleach, and dried throughly. Our laundry facilities washing machines will be cleaned and sanitized frequently.
• All surfaces and frequently touched areas will be cleaned and disinfected including but not limited to: door knobs, light switches, remote controls, tables, chairs, handles, etc.
• We will be storing a majority of non essential items in the property. We strongly advise guests to bring their own books, beach toys, and games.
• We are using registered cleaning products and disinfectant, and following proper cleaning instructions on the bottles.
• Guest will be supplied an adequate supply of clean towels, toilet paper, and hand soap. Due to limit supply of hand sanitizer, please bring your own for use during your stay.
Check In & Check Out
We offer self check in and check out, minimizing person to person contact. In order to allow for enhanced cleaning procedures, our check in and check out times have been revised. Thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility.
CHECK IN: 5PM or later
We will call to let you know if your rental will be later than 5pm. We kindly ask that you do not check into properties early so our staff can ensure the home has been properly cleaned, sanitized and is ready for your enjoyment.
CHECK OUT: 10:00AM
Check out is safe and easy! If you are planning to check out before 10am, we would greatly appreciate you letting us know. Upon check out we ask that you please do the following:
- Load and run the dishwasher
- Open 2 windows for air ventilation
Changing or Cancelling An Upcoming Trip
Up to 30 days prior to your check in date: deposit is refundable minus $73.50 cancellation fee.
30 days to your check in date: booking is non refundable
Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms within the 30 day period: we will offer a full refund if proof of sickness is provided ie: Doctors note
We ask that you self-assess prior to your trip to Tofino. If you answer YES to any of the following questions below, please consult with our reservations team to discuss changing your reservation to a later date:
- Do you or anyone you are travelling with have symptoms of Covid-19?
- In the last 21 days (prior to your check in date) Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive or has symptoms of Covid-19?
- In the last 14 days (prior to your check in date) Have you travelled outside of Canada? Under the Quarantine Act, all persons arriving in Canada from abroad must quarantine and self monitor symptoms for 14 days.
General Precautions & Preventions
To ensure we are keeping our staff, our guests and our Tofino community safe we respectfully request that you also do your part to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19. This includes: physical distancing, sanitizing your hands and wearing a non-medical mask when physical distancing is difficult. We strongly encourage guest to follow provincial guidelines when travelling and while here in Tofino. As recommended by Health Canada we ask that you please practice the following during your stay:
• Maintain physical social distancing (6ft or 2m apart) at all times.
• Practice diligent hand hygiene at all times
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds (soap is provided in your rental)
• Use alcohol based sanitizer
• Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
• Stay at home if you are feeling ill
• Do not share food, drinks, utensils, cigarettes, vaping devises, etc.
• Practice cough etiquette
Tips to Prepare for your Visit (courtesy of Tourism Tofino)
Feel confident about your health
Your safety is our priority. We want our visitors to be confident that we’ve done our part to keep you safe and healthy during your stay. Our businesses have implemented rigorous sanitation, hygiene, and physical distancing practices in accordance with provincial and WorkSafeBC standards.
We thank you in advance for your patience
No one enjoys waiting. Unfortunately, our new health and safety practices will likely result in line-ups and slower service times than we’d like. We ask for your patience as we work hard to keep things moving as quickly as possible, while providing a safe and healthy experience for all our visitors.
It’s easy to stay 2m (6ft) apart on our expansive beaches but in other places, it’s a little more difficult. Please be respectful of others and use your best judgement to maintain distancing. On trails and sidewalks, walk single file and step to the right to allow others to pass safely.
Please: stay home if you’re sick
Limited health care facilities exist in Tofino. Before you travel please take stock of your health. If you or anyone traveling with you has been sick in the previous week, or currently has flu-like symptoms, we ask you to reschedule your trip. We’ll be here to welcome you when you’re feeling better.
Bring your own PPE
Both federal and provincial health officers now recommend the wearing of masks when physical distancing is difficult and continue to recommend frequent hand washing or sanitizing.
Businesses are opening daily, some with modifications. Check here for a current list of openings.
Book your activities in advance
Our activity providers have adapted to maintain physical distancing, which means they will be hosting smaller groups on their tours. By booking in advance, you’ll ensure that you don’t miss out on a special experience.
Hot Springs Cove
Trips to the natural geo-thermal pools at Hot Springs Cove will be unavailable through June. Personal boats will also not be permitted. Check with excursion providers for more information.
Highway 4 construction
Highway 4 between Port Alberni and the West Coast remains open, but travellers should expect delays throughout the summer due to ongoing construction around the east side of Kennedy Lake. Please check the Drive BC website for detailed road closure schedules prior to your visit.
Visiting First Nations
Currently, many local First Nations communities, including Esowista, Ty-Histanis, Opitsaht, Ahousaht and Hesquiaht are unable to welcome visitors.
The current COVID-19 outbreak appears to be diminishing—but the situation remains fluid, with government regulations and health guidelines changing rapidly. If the threat escalates, our community will respond to comply with provincial health protocols. We ask our guests to remain flexible and prepared to change plans according to the situation.
What to expect while you’re here: (courtesy of Tourism Tofino)
What do I do if I am feeling ill?
If you are feeling ill use the COVID-19 online self-assessment tool at: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en or call HealthLinkBC at 8-1-1.
What do I do if I am injured?
If you have been injured go to the Tofino Hospital at 261 Neill Street. If you have respiratory symptoms call 250-725-4010 before visiting the hospital.
Remember to use hand sanitizer
Most businesses will provide hand sanitizer and request that you use it as you enter their premises. Hand cream will help to counter the effects of frequent sanitizing.
Shop local—and help our small businesses thrive!
Tofino’s grocery stores and specialty shops can provision you with everything you need. There’s no need to bring supplies from home—shop local and give our small businesses a helping hand. Please have only one person from your party enter the grocery store.
Visit our restaurants—but please make reservations when possible
In accordance with provincial government health guidelines, our restaurants will have limited seating throughout the summer. Make a reservation or order takeout to eat at outdoor seating areas, or at the beach.
Activity Suggestions: please see the local guide section in your property guidebook. We hope this will be a useful guide for your with suggestions & info on activities and restaurants in town.
We wish you a relaxing holiday and quality time spend with family and close friends. Enjoy the spacious beaches & take in the fresh ocean air!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with further questions.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
– Owners & Team at Tofino Vacation Rentals –